Recently I've been on a mission to renovate the Hoopla Kids HQ. One of the last areas needing love was the wall above the desk. I needed shelves and a way to store tape and pens and scissors and all the bits and pieces that are always on the desk.
So after much contemplation in the middle of the night one night I found the solution - a peg board!
When I finally had Hoopla Kid One, Two and Three in bed the next evening I headed to the workshop to hunt for a suitable piece of plywood. And there began my mission.
1. Find a piece of plywood that fits your wall. My piece was 750 x 750mm.
2. Mark out a grid pattern for where all the holes will go. I allowed 75mm from each edge to my first row of holes, and then spaced them 100mm apart.
3. Using an electric drill and spade bit drill the holes. I chose to use 16mm dowel for my pegs so I drilled 16mm holes. Make sure you place a piece of timber or board underneath to stop the ply from breaking out as the drill comes through.
4. Take a piece of sandpaper and smooth the edge of each hole.
5. Screw to your wall!
6. Cut dowel into lengths for pegs (110mm in my case) and sand the ends so the corners are smooth.
Thats it. One peg board ready for use. You can add shelves by placing pieces of timber on top of two pegs, or make small wooden boxes to sit on pegs also.
The Hoopla Kids range is always growing with new and exciting
limited edition styles and prints.
Join us to be the first to hear . . .