Plae Shoes Size Chart
All sizes published on our website are US sizes. Please note that size availability varies by style. Make sure to refer to our kids’ shoe size conversion chart below if you have any questions about your child’s foot length and the corresponding size in European, or UK sizing.
If your child has a fuller foot or a higher instep, you may need to go up a tab size. If your child has a very narrow foot or low instep, you may want to go down a size. If you require different tabs please email us.
How should I measure my child's feet for the best fit?
We know how challenging it is to get the right fit. Just measure the length of your child's foot and match it to the cm size on the chart below. To be doubly sure, you can use the Plae Shoes Fit Kit! Ensure you print the sheet at full size, with scaling off!
Still got questions about fit? No worries, just send us an email.
What about orthotics and AFOs?
We've had many enquiries about whether plae kids shoes will work with orthotics and AFOs. The unique design and engineering of plae shoes and interchangeable tabs allow for accommodation of orthotics and AFOs. A wider shoe opening allows for easy entry. The insoles can be removed, and a wider toe box gives you that extra needed space. The interchangeable tabs (velcro straps) come in different lengths including extra-long to allow for a custom fit. learn about PLAE'S unique design and engineering for orthotics and AFOs here.
* approx. foot length in cm
nat - back to school
Check back-to-school kicks off your list with uniform styles that are loved by one and all—schools, parents, AND kids! Sleek but sturdy, they’ll earn an A+ in the classroom with enough support and protection to survive a whole year of playtime.
Made from weathered full grain leather.
SUPER FLEX SOLE
Promotes natural movement by allowing for a free range of motion.
Promotes natural movement by providing grip on loose earth without compromising contact on hard surfaces.
Specially engineered sole follows the natural contour of a child’s foot – which is mostly cartilage.
CUSTOM FIT + STYLE
Interchangeable tabs come in S,M,L,XL sizes to accommodate instep widths and allows kids to mix it up and make it their own with different colour, material and print options.
for when kids get dirty.
Made in a solar powered, fair labor factory using recycled milk bottles (PET) and water- based glues.
TOE GUARD PROTECTION
Protects both the foot and the shoe from toe drag.
SHOCK ABSORPTION FOOTBED*
Removable ECO-ORTHOLITE® anti- microbial, anti-bacterial insole, made from castor beans, provides superior protection with renewable resources.
*except mimo style
**please note that washing full grain leather or decorative materials is not advised as it may alter the look or feel of the product. Colour or sparkles may fade with repeated washings.
How do I care for plae shoes and tabs?
Kids’ shoes get dirty, that’s why plae shoes are washable*
• for suede, nylon, mesh, and synthetic uppers, machine wash separately in cold gentle cycle with a gentle detergent. do not put in the dryer or tumble dryer. use small suede brush to remove excess dirt if desired.
• insoles can also be machine-washed in cold gentle cycle either left in shoe, or removed and washed separately.
• dry naturally, avoiding direct sun.
• for all over leather styles, wipe down with slightly damp washcloth and leave to dry, avoiding sun.
* please note that washing full grain leather or decorative materials is not advised as it may alter the look or feel of the product.
What makes plae shoes good for kids’ feet?
plae shoes are built with kids biomechanics in mind. they’re designed with rounded edges and flexible soles for smoother and more balanced movement. they have reflexive traction which grips on loose earth without compromising contact on hard surfaces. our shoes are durable and comfortable, while featuring removable contoured insoles as well as breathable and washable materials made especially for children.
Are plae shoes eco-minded?
In keeping with responsible practices and respect for our environment, we try to be as eco-minded as we can at plae. to help reduce our carbon footprint, we make every effort to source eco-centric components for our products and packaging.
• have removable eco-ortholite® anti-bacterial, anti-microbial insoles
• use recycled cork eva-molded heel cup for guided fit
• include mesh lining for added comfort and breathability
• use water-based glues and recycled pet upper materials
• are produced in a solar-powered factory
• our boxes and paper use 100% recyclable paper
• employ soy-based ink
• use vegetable and water-based laminate
• have a glue-less, one-piece design for easy breakdown